Water

"Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose trust is the Lord. He is like a tree planted by water, that sends out its roots by the stream, and does not fear when heat comes, for its leaves remain green, and is not anxious in the year of drought, for it does not cease to bear fruit."

Jeremiah 17:8,9
De-lights

Green things. Purple specs. Cool Weather. Weekends. Distractions. Penguins. Butter Waflns. Google. Dictionary.com. Wiki. Smooth vocals.Prata suppers. Teh tarik. Fort Canning park. Dogs. Trees.Swimming. Sun.Sand.Sea. Hills. Montreal. Nooos. Choirs. Passerine birds. Cells.

Chatter




Branches

agnes
becky
christabel
damien
diane
eliza
fish
gill
ivan
jacinta
jan
kelvin tan
laiyee
lihao
margaret
ngxy
oliver
pam
rachel
san
sk
shuyi
si en
sunzi
taitong
tze
victoria
weili
xiaoen
yunfei
ms wang
csa
4a1


Twig



Reflecting Pool

photo album
Roots


Deep Roots

Source

Photo from: sxc.hu
Layout modified from: solitude91

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

It's all too easy to complain about the HEAT, squawk about the papers and projects due this week and moan about not having started on revision for the finals, so I'm going to steer cleeear of that.

Rather, there will be irony(!) and random thoughts. (Am too lazy to organize 'em into any sort of structure, a clear sign that YOU! Yes you! sticky essay have gotten to me)

And there's nothing wrong in singing along to disney songs at 2am in the morning, doing a little dance around the kitchen when there's no one looking. It's fun to be silly once in awhile, in fact, it's amazing therapy! The world would die of grief otherwise.

Je vois la vie en rose. Strange as it may sound, I increasingly find myself muttering to myself in french, quoi? It's crazy what songs can do to your brain. The language has turned me into a romantic. Floaty tunes haunt me in my fuzzy consciousness as I drift off to the place I go everynight.

My prof tells me that one uses sarcasm in writing when one is in no better position to argue one's case. It is a sign of weakness.

Which reminds me: this thursday marks the end of writing and critical thinking class and I'm reluctant to leave. I have the greatest respect for my prof, tinged with admiration, a pinch of idolatory and a generous dollop of fondness. And I'm going to miss my classmates much. Such unique intelligences you guys have :) youre a funky bunch of people with your individual quirks and personalities. If there's anything I've learned from "civility and the world city", it's r-e-s-p-e-c-t. We built our ideas together and look where we've come! It's a beautiful picture.

The sentimentality makes it feel like graduation.

Something's gained, something's lost;
I find incompleteness.
Something's missing when something hasn't even officially ended yet.
So I ask the space, "what's next?"



planted @ 2:00 PM