Water

"Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose trust is the Lord. He is like a tree planted by water, that sends out its roots by the stream, and does not fear when heat comes, for its leaves remain green, and is not anxious in the year of drought, for it does not cease to bear fruit."

Jeremiah 17:8,9
De-lights

Green things. Purple specs. Cool Weather. Weekends. Distractions. Penguins. Butter Waflns. Google. Dictionary.com. Wiki. Smooth vocals.Prata suppers. Teh tarik. Fort Canning park. Dogs. Trees.Swimming. Sun.Sand.Sea. Hills. Montreal. Nooos. Choirs. Passerine birds. Cells.

Chatter




Branches

agnes
becky
christabel
damien
diane
eliza
fish
gill
ivan
jacinta
jan
kelvin tan
laiyee
lihao
margaret
ngxy
oliver
pam
rachel
san
sk
shuyi
si en
sunzi
taitong
tze
victoria
weili
xiaoen
yunfei
ms wang
csa
4a1


Twig



Reflecting Pool

photo album
Roots


Deep Roots

Source

Photo from: sxc.hu
Layout modified from: solitude91

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Responding to xiaoen's tag turned out to be an exercise in introspection. You really learn so much about yourself, reading the things you write. Thanks dear:) You made me think.

Here are the rules:

Rule 1: List 5 weird or random things about yourself. (I'll do better. I'll list six.)

1. When I discover an activity I really like, I get obsessed over it and find it very hard to stop thinking about it or working on it. The same goes for projects, research interests or any piece of work that I really "get into" and enjoy. I can keep at it for hours on end. And when I can't solve a problem or find a satisfactory answer to a question, it bugs me all the way to bed.

2. I sometimes sit erect in bed in the middle of the night while still deep in sleep. (My sisters have testified to this).

3. I derive great satisfaction from writing something thoughtful, intelligent and well-crafted. I like tracing how my style and expression has changed over the years, from its formative years in secondary school where it was mainly narrative to its present state today. Every stage of my education has seen my writing shift through frame after frame, filtered through the lens that is the sum of the societal, cultural and familial forces that have exerted influence on me. I'm still learning.

4. I unconsciously scratch my head when I'm really tired. It's an old childhood habit that has turned into a reflex action.

5. I sometimes mutter to myself in another language (French) just for fun. I'd say things just for the sake of saying them (in French). I'd make up imaginary scenarios in my head and have a long conversation with an imaginary "other" because I like hearing how the language sounds. I also sometimes speak in different accents just to humour myself.

6. I think I'm unbearably boring. I make up nonsense words (squidinkidoo, squidinkiday, poeframolvstine!) just because. I am an irreconcilable contradiction. I like making sense. I like making non-sense.

Rule 2: List 5 ppl whom u want to do the quiz.

I think two will do. san & ng xy.

Rule 3: Next, leave a comment "you are tagged" on their blog and ask them to read your blog for rules.

planted @ 8:46 PM