Saturday, August 05, 2006
Have been so busy running around getting stuff last minute that I haven't had time to sit down and reformat my brain.
Now I realize that I am so unprepared for this stint. After all that's happened, I realize my heart's still in Singapore. There are new friends I've made at camp and have only started to get to know. There are old friends that I've only managed to meet with a few times over the mammoth study break. There are seniors in the CF who have been such great mentors - I haven't yet told them how much I appreciate their company and encouragement.
Then there's my family. I owe them so much for their quiet support. They've been through my ups and downs, excited seizures and compounded head/heartaches. I've caused them quite a few sleepless nights, and i think they've aged at least ten years since the time I filed my first module substitution. For sharing great joy and great pain with me, I hug them and hold them with all my heart.
I'm counting the days and hours and minutes to my departure. The countdown is revealing. I realize that my days (yea, even my seconds) here are numbered. And I wish now more than ever that I had more time to spend with the people here that are dear to me - more time with every single one.
I will miss them all.
planted @
12:11 AM