Tuesday, September 08, 2009
'The heart is deceitful above all things, and beyond all cure. Who can know it?'
It will do all of us good to examine the motives behind the things we do, the activities we engage in.
I find that many things I do smart of self-love, self-pride, self-pity. I detest this self-centredness, this self-loving. God help me root it out, cast it out of me. Root out every seed of pride and hypocrisy in me. Let me be completely broken, completely bare, completely surrendered before Your presence.
Lord Jesus Christ, come and take your rightful place at the throne of my heart. That my mind, heart, hands, feet, lips, soul and spirit, my entire being might be stirred to LIFE, to move in Your heartbeat. That You would be my Great Vision day and night. That I may be held captive forever in the light of Your Glory. That I might be found every minute of every day in the fullness of Your Spirit, Your grace, Your strength, Your power and Your love.
Let me think, write and live in all honesty. Move me to love. Let me proclaim your Truth, your Life with the days you give me here on this earth.
You are the Author and Finisher of this journey of faith, this call to greater intimacy with You. Put in me a hunger and thirst for You, my living God, that will not be satisfied until I see You face to face. Amen.
planted @
4:23 PM