Water

"Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose trust is the Lord. He is like a tree planted by water, that sends out its roots by the stream, and does not fear when heat comes, for its leaves remain green, and is not anxious in the year of drought, for it does not cease to bear fruit."

Jeremiah 17:8,9
De-lights

Green things. Purple specs. Cool Weather. Weekends. Distractions. Penguins. Butter Waflns. Google. Dictionary.com. Wiki. Smooth vocals.Prata suppers. Teh tarik. Fort Canning park. Dogs. Trees.Swimming. Sun.Sand.Sea. Hills. Montreal. Nooos. Choirs. Passerine birds. Cells.

Chatter




Branches

agnes
becky
christabel
damien
diane
eliza
fish
gill
ivan
jacinta
jan
kelvin tan
laiyee
lihao
margaret
ngxy
oliver
pam
rachel
san
sk
shuyi
si en
sunzi
taitong
tze
victoria
weili
xiaoen
yunfei
ms wang
csa
4a1


Twig



Reflecting Pool

photo album
Roots


Deep Roots

Source

Photo from: sxc.hu
Layout modified from: solitude91

Friday, April 22, 2005

Tourism Tourism Tourism's all I can think about... It's like a neverending knell in my head. If ever there was a chance to use the word "ambivalent" to describe emotions, this would be it. How do you reconcile tugs in two directions? You can't take the path of an intermediate vector because it doesn't exist! It's a straightforward either-or. I have to let one tug grow stronger and the other dim and fade.

I think it's all a matter of perspective. If my head tells my heart to do this, if I can convince myself of this, then like will grow to love and love will breed passion. Passion is all I need to drive me. Give me inspiration, give me a song to sing and I will.

I would put both mind and heart to it.

***
Someone once commented on how difficult it is for personal passions to marry careers. In the 'real world', I guess that's true. Ms Wang probably summed it up the best: We can't change circumstances. But we can change ourselves and our attitudes.

I can't always have what I want all of the time.

Nobody likes having doors slammed in their faces. It's like dealing with a full-bodied blow. Hopes dashed. Aspirations fatally wrecked. Murdermurderbloodshed everywhere.

But what if I'm really being short-sighted? Sure, that door could have lead to a life-changing experience. It could have lead to an entirely different, (possibly more) exciting career. But that said, could I possibly be equally happy taking an alternative path?

How much does it matter? It really depends on how much we let "it" affect us.

***
I remember a promise God made. "All things work for the good of those who love Him".

The next time I think things look bad, I'll hold on to His promise.

Who am I to define "good" anyway?

I trust His wisdom more than I trust mine.



planted @ 3:37 PM