Finally! Midterm break!
Thought It'd be appropriate at this point to reflect on some of the things I've learned so far:
- Writing does funny things to you. It's dialectic. There are times when it just frustrates you, but at other times, you love it like your baby. You can't take your mind off it. You just keep coming back to nurse it. Writing grows on you.
- Uni life is busy. Even though it seems as if you have large pockets of freedom, you end up running around in an endless circuit of lecture-tutorial-lab-lecture and every night before you go to bed, you wonder where all the time went to.
- PGP food seriously CMI.
- Amazement! Bafflement! My dearest prof has a Taiwanese husband!!
- People you love should never be taken forgranted. Because people are gifts. Because you don't own them. Because they might be taken away from you just as readily as they were given to you.
- Christian support is like life-support. Literally. For every time I've felt down and out and discouraged, there has been someone more than willing to spend time with me, praying for me. And I thank God for my friends.
- I am put here for a purpose:
Phil 1:6 "Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."
By the looks of things, I've got my work cut out for me :) I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry.
He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire;
He set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand.
He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear and put their trust in the Lord,