Water

"Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose trust is the Lord. He is like a tree planted by water, that sends out its roots by the stream, and does not fear when heat comes, for its leaves remain green, and is not anxious in the year of drought, for it does not cease to bear fruit."

Jeremiah 17:8,9
De-lights

Green things. Purple specs. Cool Weather. Weekends. Distractions. Penguins. Butter Waflns. Google. Dictionary.com. Wiki. Smooth vocals.Prata suppers. Teh tarik. Fort Canning park. Dogs. Trees.Swimming. Sun.Sand.Sea. Hills. Montreal. Nooos. Choirs. Passerine birds. Cells.

Chatter




Branches

agnes
becky
christabel
damien
diane
eliza
fish
gill
ivan
jacinta
jan
kelvin tan
laiyee
lihao
margaret
ngxy
oliver
pam
rachel
san
sk
shuyi
si en
sunzi
taitong
tze
victoria
weili
xiaoen
yunfei
ms wang
csa
4a1


Twig



Reflecting Pool

photo album
Roots


Deep Roots

Source

Photo from: sxc.hu
Layout modified from: solitude91

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Well! School's been busy busy busy. Right from day 1 we've been thrown full-on into a course that is both content and application-heavy. The pace is fast, readings are a growing mountain and our first assessment of the year is in four weeks.

In between the classroom and the lab, there have been happy times hanging out in the cluster kitchen with my neighbours, experimenting on the stove, a nice evening with an old friend, bible studies in church, a Christian Union meeting in the middle of the day over lunchtime, physical fatigue that led to a late afternoon nap one day and a hyperactive mental insomnia that followed into the early hours of the morning soon after.


I know deep inside that not all is well though. In the midst of stress and constant, ceaseless activity, I have not taken time to pause. I have not sought God with full attention, I have not sat quietly at His feet, I have not hungered for His word to renew my mind and restore my soul unto Him. Communion with my Father has grown cold, and I feel deep down a lack of love. For Him and for my neighbour. Stress and busyness has a numbing effect on me, I know. This must be resolved, take precedence over all else. The semester is only going to get busier.

planted @ 12:07 AM