Water

"Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose trust is the Lord. He is like a tree planted by water, that sends out its roots by the stream, and does not fear when heat comes, for its leaves remain green, and is not anxious in the year of drought, for it does not cease to bear fruit."

Jeremiah 17:8,9
De-lights

Green things. Purple specs. Cool Weather. Weekends. Distractions. Penguins. Butter Waflns. Google. Dictionary.com. Wiki. Smooth vocals.Prata suppers. Teh tarik. Fort Canning park. Dogs. Trees.Swimming. Sun.Sand.Sea. Hills. Montreal. Nooos. Choirs. Passerine birds. Cells.

Chatter




Branches

agnes
becky
christabel
damien
diane
eliza
fish
gill
ivan
jacinta
jan
kelvin tan
laiyee
lihao
margaret
ngxy
oliver
pam
rachel
san
sk
shuyi
si en
sunzi
taitong
tze
victoria
weili
xiaoen
yunfei
ms wang
csa
4a1


Twig



Reflecting Pool

photo album
Roots


Deep Roots

Source

Photo from: sxc.hu
Layout modified from: solitude91

Sunday, February 05, 2006

This is my tribute to you.

I remember how you were always the life of the party.
You were always laughing and smiling.
You loved the company of friends,
And family.
You loved to sing.
Your voice was beautiful,
Beautiful in the way only you knew how.
You sang with your heart,
With all your strength.
I used to marvel at the power of your lungs
How it was possible to hold a note for so long.
You were a loud, gusty alto
With a beautiful voice.

I remember how I was so proud of you
When you sang at the wedding,
At my dad's birthday
And mine.
You wore the most beautiful kebaya
Embroidered
Flowers in your hair
Shiny brooch
Sequined slippers.
You were stunning.

Now I flip through old program booklets.
I remember your productions,
The way you got so excited over them.
You loved the stage
And why not?
You loved to sing
At every opportunity you could
You were born to entertain.
Glossy pages
With colour that never fades.

I remember I was so proud of you
When you recorded your first CD -
Your first and last.
You were my rock star.
I was so proud of you
And still am.

I guess I never really got to know you
As well as I would have liked to.
We lived in very different worlds.
But in your own way
You did love me.

Now I can only watch you
From the side
I can't even hold you
Because you're too weak sit up
I can't even hold you
And hug you
And say the words
I want to say to you
I love you
Even if I haven't demonstrated
How much.

I don't know if you saw me
You were in so much pain.
And I could only watch you
From the side.

There are so many things I cannot do.
I cannot suffer on your behalf
I cannot tremble
I cannot shake
I cannot grit my teeth in silent agony.
I cannot vomit
Over and over and over again.
I cannot bleed.
I cannot scream for you for help
In the middle of the night.
I cannot feel the pain that you feel
When your organs shut down one by one.
I cannot bear your cancer.

I can only pray for you
Shed tears for you
Cry out to God
To finish your suffering,
To ease your pain,
To take you home soon
In His mercy.


O Lord my God, I called to you for help
And you healed me.
O Lord, you brought me up
From the grave,
YOu spared me from going down into the pit.

Sing to the Lord, you saints of his;
Praise his holy name.
For his anger lasts only a moment,
But his favor lasts a lifetime;
Weeping may remain for a night,
But rejoicing comes in the morning.

planted @ 10:09 PM