Tuesday, November 10, 2009
The reality and truth of Life in Christ alone has been sinking into my consciousness. He is indeed Lord of Life, apart from him we are nothing. Apart from him, we are dead.
The contrast between Death and Life is a black-and-white one. It is unambiguous. I'm struck by how it all really boils down to a binary decision - all-or-nothing, 1 or 0. God's grace to us in Christ is an unchangeable, eternal offer that will not be withdrawn. We have to choose to live in Him or without Him, to live for Him or against Him.
Every day I see the rebellion of sin in myself. I daily make choices against Christ in the way I think, behave and allow myself to feel. It is a wonder that even when I make myself His enemy, He calls me His friend. It is a marvel that He love me even when I push Him away.
I have been reading Paul's letter to the Colossians. In it, he describes Christ's power over sin and death, His fullness, and the fullness of life we have in Him through faith, for:
'In Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form, and you have been given fullness in Christ, who is the head over every power and authority.
In him you were also circumcised, in the putting off of the sinful nature, not with a circumcision done by the hands of men but with the circumcision done by Christ, having been buried with him in baptism and raised with him through your faith in the power of God, who raised him from the dead (2:9-12).'
All praise to God :)
Christ has power over the strongest power in this world that has held men captive. He has power over Sin.
Christ is our surgeon. In His capable hands, we are free from Sin. He cuts it off from us, and it is a painful process because it has become part of our very flesh. But Christ is rightly precise in His diagnosis of our sin, and thorough in His removal of sin from us.
Now we are alive because of Him, and in Him we have life.
He's not just our doctor, He is Life Himself.
planted @
6:20 PM