Water

"Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose trust is the Lord. He is like a tree planted by water, that sends out its roots by the stream, and does not fear when heat comes, for its leaves remain green, and is not anxious in the year of drought, for it does not cease to bear fruit."

Jeremiah 17:8,9
De-lights

Green things. Purple specs. Cool Weather. Weekends. Distractions. Penguins. Butter Waflns. Google. Dictionary.com. Wiki. Smooth vocals.Prata suppers. Teh tarik. Fort Canning park. Dogs. Trees.Swimming. Sun.Sand.Sea. Hills. Montreal. Nooos. Choirs. Passerine birds. Cells.

Chatter




Branches

agnes
becky
christabel
damien
diane
eliza
fish
gill
ivan
jacinta
jan
kelvin tan
laiyee
lihao
margaret
ngxy
oliver
pam
rachel
san
sk
shuyi
si en
sunzi
taitong
tze
victoria
weili
xiaoen
yunfei
ms wang
csa
4a1


Twig



Reflecting Pool

photo album
Roots


Deep Roots

Source

Photo from: sxc.hu
Layout modified from: solitude91

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

I exhausted myself today on the bus, off the bus, over dinner, after dinner, thinking too many thoughts.

It was one of those rare moments where I was fully aware of overactivity up there but unable to will myself to block out everything.

I contended with my parents for four straight hours, going through everything over and over again.

WhywhatwhenhowWHERE.

Have been struggling with this decision for more than "a few months" now and it's eating away everyone's soul, including mine.

It's all we think of, all the time.

But I thank you Lord for giving me this stuggle. It hasn't been easy. The years ahead (as far as I can see) won't be easy. But what's amazing is that you give me a song to sing always.

If you had given me an easy road to travel, if you had removed choice and replaced it with straightforward conformity, I would never have grown so much or learnt so much.

You are the God who opens doors and I love you.

You make a way for me in the wilderness. You guide me in your plan.

I will go to nus because:
  1. I have learnt the meaning of love.

It's all about sacrifice.

I remember, Lord.

Cutting right through layers and layers of burning ambition, overwhelming selfishness, ravenous desire for moremoreMORE.

You've revealed it to me so suddenly I will never forget.

Thank you for showing me what has surrounded me for these past months- Love.


planted @ 10:36 PM