Water

"Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose trust is the Lord. He is like a tree planted by water, that sends out its roots by the stream, and does not fear when heat comes, for its leaves remain green, and is not anxious in the year of drought, for it does not cease to bear fruit."

Jeremiah 17:8,9
De-lights

Green things. Purple specs. Cool Weather. Weekends. Distractions. Penguins. Butter Waflns. Google. Dictionary.com. Wiki. Smooth vocals.Prata suppers. Teh tarik. Fort Canning park. Dogs. Trees.Swimming. Sun.Sand.Sea. Hills. Montreal. Nooos. Choirs. Passerine birds. Cells.

Chatter




Branches

agnes
becky
christabel
damien
diane
eliza
fish
gill
ivan
jacinta
jan
kelvin tan
laiyee
lihao
margaret
ngxy
oliver
pam
rachel
san
sk
shuyi
si en
sunzi
taitong
tze
victoria
weili
xiaoen
yunfei
ms wang
csa
4a1


Twig



Reflecting Pool

photo album
Roots


Deep Roots

Source

Photo from: sxc.hu
Layout modified from: solitude91

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Seven old friends make good company indeed.

Subway. Hah! I prefer lunch to be bite-sized.. easy-to-eat. Although I did enjoy sucking off the last remains of honey mustard dressing:) And the choc chip cookie was extra big this time round. And I thought having Barley as a beverage option was a good idea.
Nooooooooooooooo. Must not cross over to the dark side. Must resist...

Speaking of resistance, watching Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy at Jac's, I couldn't help feeling that the Vorgons' declaring "resistance is useless!" was a rip-off of Startrek's signature line -resistance is futile. Where's the wow-factor in that?

Stick to the classics's what I always say. And drop the silly sequels. They simply tarnish the brilliant legacies of the originals.
Case in point: Land Before Time was a great movie. Land Before Time parts 2,3,4,5,6,7 and 8(?) were rubbish.
And don't even get me started on Peter Pan 2, the Jungle Book 2, Pocahontas 2, the Little Mermaid 2, Cinderella 2 and a gazillion other half-baked sequels riding on the success of their parent movies.

Gah. I don't like people who shove their flyers at me when I'm trying to walk straight.

And dolphins don't sing. At least they don't when I'm not in the mood for irreverence/ irrelevance.

Movie takeaway:
After travelling half way round the galaxy, you'll find yourself exactly where you first started. And then you can throw everything else to the wind, abandon house and home, start over again. What a crazy world it would be. What a screwed race. We'd chase meaning and never find it. We'd question "normality". We'd talk to mice over tea.

Hitchhiker's echos the very pattern and nature of philosophical questions by and large - it goes a full circle, taking every possible trajectory, exploring the universe in as many directions as it can (given finite screening time). It leaves the unsuspecting viewer completely boggled, unabashedly bamboozled and postively flabberghasted as to what to make of it.

I hereby declare an official state of confusion in the thinking department. And mice, I do have a brain. It's just that I choose not to use very much of it at the present moment. Keep your paws off my intellect-ual property.

Thank God. I still retain the uncanny ability to separate fact from fiction.


planted @ 11:56 PM